Private Music Lessons - Declared Music Majors
This course is only open to declared junior and senior music majors.
Music majors may count 2 semesters of MUSC 406 as performance credits towards the major.
Lessons taken prior to declaring the Music Major (MUSC 405) may not be counted towards the 4 performance credits required for the Music Major.
Private lessons is a Permission of Instructor course. Students contract to take 12 lessons. Each instructor sets his or her criteria for accepting students. Private instrumental and vocal lessons meet for one hour, on a weekly basis, at a regularly scheduled time. To schedule the lesson time all students must contact the instructor and submit the Lesson Schedule Form to the Private Lesson Teacher. These forms can be obtained in the Music Department Lobby or in the Forms section of this website. Returning students who have previously taken Private Lessons with an instructor should contact the instructor for a lesson time and register for this course during the drop/add period. All students new to the Private Lessons Program must schedule an interview with the instructor and register during the drop/add period. Interview schedules are posted on the Music Department Lobby bulletin board and on this website under Private Lessons Interview Schedule.
Private Lessons Interview Scheduling Period:
Thursday, January 21, 2016 - Friday, January 22, 2016
(Please see the Private Lessons Interview Schedule)
Private Lessons Begin:
Monday January 25, 2016 - you must schedule an interview or contact the instructor!
Private Lessons Fee:
$795.00 per semester for 12 one hour lessons.
* PLEASE NOTE* Students pay for any lesson taken, even during the drop/add period.
Music Major Waiver:
Music majors are allowed to take one (1) Private Lessons course during each semester of their junior and senior
years for which part of the fee will be paid by the university, under the following guidelines:
- The current Private lesson fee is $795.00 per semester for 12 one hour lessons. Students will be responsible for a portion of the lessons fee. The amount will be determined each semester by the number of majors taking lessons. Students must have been approved as a major during the preceding semester to be eligible for the partial waiver.
- Students must be registered for MUSC 406 with a Wesleyan Private Lessons Teacher for full academic credit.
- Students will be billed for any absence while receiving the Music Major Waiver.
When a student is accepted into the Private Lessons Program, they become liable for the additional cost of lessons which is billed through the Student Accounts Office.
Withdrawing From Lessons:
1. If a student intends to drop lessons, the student must notify the instructor at least 24 hours prior to the lesson
taking place the week following the end of drop add.
2. The student will be billed the full course fee if they do not drop prior to this lesson.
3. When a student drops lessons during the Drop/Add period, the student will be billed only for the lessons taken.
Comments or questions?
Sandy Brough, Private Lessons Coordinator