The Protestant Community provides a weekly worship service, bible studies, times of prayer, and other programming to enrich the spiritual life of students and expand intellectual endeavors beyond the classroom.
ECUMENICAL GATHERING TIME
Sundays, 5:00 - 6:15pm (final meeting will be on 5/1/16!)
Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (2nd floor of 169 High Street)
This is a time where students gather together with the Protestant Chaplain for Scripture, prayer, and food. The Sunday community dinner is a safe, sacred place to grow in faith and fellowship with others, and the participants represent a wide diversity of Christian theology, beliefs, and practices. We extend an invitation to students, faculty, administration, and staff to join us! The weekly Sunday gathering time is at 5pm and is held when classes are in session. For more information or if you are interested in participating in worship leadership, please contact Rev. Tracy Mehr-Muska, the Protestant Chaplain.
WEEKLY GATHERINGS (while classes are in session)
For more information and to confirm time/location, please contact Rev. Tracy at tmehrmuska(at)wesleyan.edu.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10:00pm - Gathering for prayer in 169 High Street
- Tuesdays at 10:00pm - Black Men's Ministries in Usdan 104D
- Wednesday at 9:30am - Prayer time in Usdan
- Thursdays at 7:30pm - Scripture study at Lighthouse
- Fridays at 7:00pm - Wesleyan Christian Fellowship gathering, typically in Usdan 110 or 108
- Sundays at 5:00pm - Ecumenical Gathering Time in 169 High Street
Upcoming Special Events
CELEBRATION OF SENIORS
Saturday, April 30, 2016
5:30pm in location TBA
Come to hang out with friends and celebrate the amazing seniors! We will have dinner and recognize their contributions to our lives and community.
SENIOR VOICES (Baccalaureate)
Saturday, May 21, 2016
This special event is coordinated by the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life and includes beautiful autobiographical stories written and shared by students and a faculty members and moving music.
Special Services/Events Held Annually
- Welcome reception for new students during Freshman Orientation
- Fall BBQ and Blessing at Lighthouse, the Christian program house
- Christmas Celebration of Lessons and Carols
- Ecumenical Ash Wednesday Service with Wesleyan's Catholic community
- Good Friday Service of Scripture and Meditation
- Easter Sunday Resurrection Service and Ecumenical Reception
- Reception for prospective students during WesFest
- We Are Not the Same: Can Everyone Tell, January 2016: Dr. Sherry-Ann Brown, MD, PhD
- Balancing Multiple Identities: Being a Scientist and Person of Faith, February 2015: Professor Michelle Francl, Bryn Mawr
- Faith, Religion, and Queer Identity, February 2015: Interfaith panel discussion with students, alum, and clergy
- Desire and Relationship: What's Love Got To Do With It?, February 2014: Office of Religious and Spiritual Life, Wesleyan's Career Center
- Marching On: A Conference on Gun Violence Prevention, September 2013: Governor Dannel Malloy, Senator Richard Blumenthal, and Senator Chris Murphy
- Mapping the Origins Debate: Six Models of the Beginning of Everything, April 2013: Gerald Rau
- Not Afraid of Darwin or Christ: Webinar with Princeton Theological Seminary, April 2013
- Celebrating 180 Years of Protestant Religious Life at Wesleyan, 2011
- The Politics of Jesus: Rediscovering the True Revolutionary Nature of What Jesus Believed And How It Was Corrupted, 2008: Obery Hendricks Jr.
- True For You… But Not For Me: Is There Wisdom in Relativism?
- American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us, 2011: David Campbell
- Gulf Coast Service Spring Break Trip, 2008-2016
- Interfaith Service Trip to Harrisburg, PA, 2016
- Food Packing Project with Feeding Children Everywhere, 2014
- Food Packing event with Middletown Community Thanksgiving Project, 2015
- Annual Rocky Hill Veteran's Home visit for Veteran's Day, 2012-15
- March For Change Rally against Gun Violence in Hartford, 2013
- First Baptist Church Soup on Sunday, 2009-2010
- Haiti Relief, 2009-2010
- Thanksgiving Feeding Families, American Red Cross Middlesex Central Connecticut Chapter, 2010-11
- Ugandan Orphanage, 2010
- Celebration of Gospel, 2013
- Caribbean Worship: Encounter God’s Presence, 2011
- Celebrating the Black Church, 2008
- Emerging Voices, 2009
- Gospel Extravaganza, 2009-2010