The Protestant Community provides a weekly worship service, bible studies, times of prayer, and other programming to enrich the spiritual life of students and expand intellectual endeavors beyond the classroom.
ECUMENICAL GATHERING TIME
Sundays (when classes are in session -- next gathering is not until 1/25/14!!)
5:00 - 6:30pm
This is a time where students gather together with the Protestant Chaplain for Scripture, prayer, and food. The Sunday community dinner is a safe, sacred place to grow in faith and fellowship with others, and the participants represent a wide diversity of Christian theology, beliefs, and practices. We extend an invitation to students, faculty, administration, and staff to join us! The weekly Sunday gathering time is at 5pm and is held when classes are in session. For more information or if you are interested in participating in worship leadership, please contact Rev. Tracy Mehr-Muska, the Protestant Chaplain, at email@example.com.
Upcoming Special Events
Christmas Program and Dinner!!!
Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 5:00pm
Daniel Family Commons (3rd floor of Usdan)
Come celebrate the birth of Jesus with carol singing, gingerbread house making, Scripture, prayer, and dinner at our annual Christmas celebration! For more information, please contact Rev. Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/326200034254481/?context=create&previousaction=create&source=49&sid_create=2737007170
Special Services/Events Held Annually
- Welcome reception for new students during Freshman Orientation
- Fall BBQ and Blessing at Lighthouse, the Christian program house
- Veritas Forum
- Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols
- Good Friday Service of Scripture and Meditation
- Easter Sunday Resurrection Service and Ecumenical Reception
- Reception for prospective students during WesFest
- Celebration of Gospel, 2013
- Caribbean Worship: Encounter God’s Presence, 2011
- Celebrating the Black Church, 2008
- Emerging Voices, 2009
- Gospel Extravaganza, 2009-2010
- Desire and Relationship: What's Love Got To Do With It?, February 2014: Office of Religious and Spiritual Life, Wesleyan's Career Center
- Marching On: A Conference on Gun Violence Prevention, September 2013: Governor Dannel Malloy, Senator Richard Blumenthal, and Senator Chris Murphy
- Mapping the Origins Debate: Six Models of the Beginning of Everything, April 2013: Gerald Rau
- Not Afraid of Darwin or Christ: Webinar with Princeton Theological Seminary, April 2013
- Celebrating 180 Years of Protestant Religious Life at Wesleyan, 2011
- The Politics of Jesus: Rediscovering the True Revolutionary Nature of What Jesus Believed And How It Was Corrupted, 2008: Obery Hendricks Jr.
- True For You… But Not For Me: Is There Wisdom in Relativism?
- American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us, 2011: David Campbell
- Gulf Coast Service Spring Break Trip, 2008-2014
- Food Packing Project with "Feeding Children Everywhere," 2014
- Annual Rocky Hill Veteran's Home visit for Veteran's Day, 2012-14
- March For Change Rally in Hartford, 2013
- First Baptist Church Soup on Sunday, 2009-2010
- Haiti Relief, 2009-2010
- Thanksgiving Feeding Families, American Red Cross Middlesex Central Connecticut Chapter, 2010-11
- Ugandan Orphanage, 2010