Reunion & CommencementThe Wesleyan community has established a tradition of celebrating Reunion and Commencement together, ensuring a large and convivial gathering of young and old. Beginning with the arrival of alumni, family, and friends on Thursday, May 21, 2015, and culminating with the Commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 24, 2015, at 11:00 a.m., Wesleyan will offer a wide array of educational and recreational programs, including many opportunities to celebrate the achievements of the Class of 2015. This year’s schedule will include:
- Champagne Reception to honor graduating seniors, their families and guests
- Open houses hosted by Wesleyan’s academic departments and programs
- WESeminars, lectures and panel discussions led by Wesleyan faculty members, parents, alumni, and students
- Performing arts presentations and senior film projects
- Networking opportunities for seniors with Wesleyan alumni
- Participation of parent educators in the Commencement ceremony
- Beginning in March 2015 a full schedule of activities taking place throughout the weekend will be posted on the Reunion & Commencement website
There will be ample time for seniors, families, and friends to gather separately for their own private events and, of course, there is the wonderful pomp and circumstance of the Commencement ceremony.
Come celebrate with us! Arrive in time to attend the informal Champagne Reception honoring all graduating seniors and their families on Friday, May 22, from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. on the lawns of Russell House.
Please read the December 15, 2014 email that was sent to parents of graduating seniors.
Notes of interest:
- There are no tickets to Commencement.
- We do asks guest to register for the weekend. Registration will be available on the Reunion & Commencement website beginning in March.
- Students can order regalia from Broad Street Books. Contact Broad Street Books for more information at (860) 685-7323.
- No outside vendors are contracted to provide official university announcements.
- The Reunion & Commencement website is updated daily with the latest weekend information.
If you still have questions, call or email the Office of Parent Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 685-3756.