Arrival DayThe first volunteer project of the year, this program provides an opportunity for experienced parents to reach out to parents of first-year and transfer students on their first day at Wesleyan.
- Experience: must be a veteran Wesleyan parent
- Expertise: none; just a willingness to chat with new parents about whatever topics come up
- Commitment: 2-6 hours timeslots, depending upon your availability
- Goal: to personally greet new Wesleyan families, both in the Student Resources Pavilion and in the residence halls
- Timeframe: Arrival Day on Tuesday, August 26th from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
How it works:
- Sign up in August to volunteer.
- Check in at the Parent Programs table at the Student Resources Pavilion ( upon arrival, you'll be given an "Ask Me...I'm a Wesleyan Parent" button and a nametag).
- Meet and welcome families in your assigned area, offering moral support and practical tips as needed.
- Enjoy lunch on us!
Still have questions? Call the Office of Parent Programs at (860) 685-3756 or e-mail email@example.com.