Reunion & CommencementThe Wesleyan community has established a tradition of celebrating Reunion and Commencement together, ensuring a large and convivial gathering of young and old. Beginning with the arrival of alumni, family, and friends on Thursday, May 19, 2011, and culminating with the Commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 22, 2011, at 11:00 a.m., Wesleyan will offer a wide array of educational and recreational programs, including many opportunities to celebrate the achievements of the Class of 2010. This year’s schedule will include:
- Champagne Reception to honor graduating seniors, their families and guests
- Open houses hosted by Wesleyan’s academic departments and programs
- WESeminars, lectures and panel discussions led by Wesleyan faculty members, parents, alumni, and students
- Performing arts presentations and senior film projects
- Networking opportunities for seniors with Wesleyan alumni
- Participation of parent educators in the Commencement ceremony
There will be ample time for seniors, families, and friends to gather separately for their own private events and, of course, there is the wonderful pomp and circumstance of the Commencement ceremony.
Come celebrate with us! Arrive in time to attend the informal Champagne Reception honoring all graduating seniors and their families on Friday, May 20, from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. on the lawns of Russell House.
Notes of interest:
- Students can order regalia from Broad Street Books. Contact Broad Street Books for more information at 860-685-7323.
- No outside vendors are contracted to provide official university announcements.
- The official Reunion & Commencement Web site will go live in March, 2011.