This volunteer program provides an opportunity for parents of upperclass students to reach out to parents of new students. Experienced parents provide a warm welcome and establish a connection to the Wesleyan community.
- Experience: must be a veteran parent of a Wesleyan student
- Expertise: none; just a willingness to chat with new parents about whatever topics come up
- Commitment: 1-2 hours, depending upon the depth of your conversations
- Goal: to contact every new Wesleyan family
- Timeframe: October-December
How it works:
- Assignments are made, based on geographic proximity when possible.
- You receive a resource cheat sheet and contact information on 3-5 households, and make the outreach.
- You return your contact sheet, with any appropriate comments.
- Lots of new parents feel welcome.
- Sign up to be a fall call volunteer here!
Still have questions? Call the Office of Parent Programs at (860) 685-3756 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.