The Physics Graduate Program
Your application for admission to the Physics Graduate Program at Wesleyan University will be initiated with this online admissions application. In order for your application to be complete, we must also receive the following supporting information:
1. Offical transcripts for undergraduate and any graduate studies (scanned copies are accepted for evaluation of
applications, original copies are required for admitted students)
2. Three letters of recommendation
3. Statement of Purpose (Personal statement essay which can be uploaded along with the online application)
4. GRE Scores (Physics scores encouraged but not required)
**For GRE score reporting, Wesleyan's Institutional Code is 3959. Physics Department Code is 0808.
5. TOEFL scores (for international students); IELTS scores also accepted
**For non-native English speakers, we expect a minimum TOEFL score of: 80 (internet-based), 213
(computer-based), or 550 (paper-based). Other evidence of English fluency can be considered, but submission
of official TOEFL scores is encouraged.
Applicants will receive an account and checklist where they can see whether or not their supplementary materials have been received. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their materials are properly uploaded.
Further inquiries can be directed to:
Janet Desmarais, Administrative Assistant
Wesleyan University Physics Department
Exley Science Tower 207
265 Church Street
Middletown, CT 06457
860.685.2030 (phone), 860.685.2031 (fax)