OFFICE OF PUBLIC SAFETY
SAM SAFE APPROACH FOR MANAGING AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR
THIS IS A 5 HOUR CLASS SPONSORED BY THE OFFICE OF PUBLIC SAFETY
*THERE IS NO COST FOR ATTENDING*
Violence in our schools is a modern reality. SAM’s comprehensive curriculum stresses preparedness and prevention.
About SAM - The SAM Program and its certified instructors are dedicated to teaching no-nonsense concepts and techniques against various types of aggressive behavior. The techniques utilize easy, effective, and proven tactics and strategies. These can be used immediately and provide knowledge and confidence resulting in more favorable outcomes.
SAM is probably unlike any other program you’ve taken in the past. The material is interesting and extensive. You can immediately apply this material at school, at home, or on the street.
Training Objectives The SAM program will teach individuals the techniques to resolve conflicts decisively and diplomatically regardless of age, size or strength, providing valuable skills and strategies to prevent and diffuse aggressive behavior. Participants in SAM’s program will:
- Learn how to identity a potential problem by recognizing the warning signs and when an attack is imminent
- Prepare mentally to allow for appropriate and automatic responses during various situations
- Gain an understanding of the rules of personal space and how they affect the ability to react
- Learn how to manage anxiety and fear to respond more calmly in stressful situations
- Learn how to effectively use empathic listening skills to help reduce an individual’s anxiety and aggression
- Learn how to manage the stages of conflict, anxiety as well as verbal and physical aggression
If you are interested in registering for the class or for further information please contact the Public Safety Department @ 860-685-2784. The class size is limited to 20 individuals
SAM website – http://www.samprograms.com
SAM FAQ’s - http://www.samprograms.com/programs/faq.php