Completion of ECON110 with a grade of C+ or higher and completion of, or current enrollment in, ECON300. A student who fails to obtain a grade of C+ or higher in ECON110 may declare the minor only after the student obtains a grade of C+ or higher in ECON300.
The Minor Program
Students minoring in economics must complete five graded courses in addition to ECON 110.
- Three are the core courses: ECON300, ECON301, and ECON302
- One of the two electives must be an upper-tier elective, numbered 305 to 399
- One of the two electives may be either an upper- or lower-tier elective (205 to 299)
- No courses numbered 401 or higher may count towards the minor.
- No courses in other departments, including CSS, may count towards the minor.
- One elective course in economics taken elsewhere may count towards the minor as the lower-tier elective only, subject to the department chair’s approval.