Wesleyan University requires students to live on
campus throughout their undergraduate career. However,
students can apply for off-campus status if
they meet the following criteria:
- Apply as an individual
- If you are a non-traditional student
(married, with children, and/or 25 years of age or older)
- If you have a verified medical or
physical need which cannot be accommodated on campus
- Accept the Housing Contract and Lead Paint Agreement
- Click on "Register a Group" under the Off-Campus
Housing section (located at the end of the choices section on the bottom
- Complete the online application found in the Off-Campus section (last option).
If you are interested in off-campus housing, you must
complete the above steps by Friday, February 15, 2013 by 11:59 p.m.
- You will be notified of the results of your
application during the week of February 18, 2013.
- If you are granted Off-Campus Status, your room
selection process is complete.
- If you are not granted Off-Campus Status, you must
either participate in Program Housing/CBLV selection by Monday, March 25, 2013 by noon or
register for room selection nights by Wednesday, April 3, 2013 by 4 p.m.
- Students who are denied off-campus status in February
are added to a waitlist, which occasionally has been used to release some
additional students over the summer, in order of seniority.
- Off-campus status is granted for one academic year
only. If you wish to live off campus for a second year, you must
re-apply the following spring.
- You should make absolutely certain
Residential Life has already granted you off-campus status before signing
and/or accepting a rental agreement.
- If you are
planning to study abroad/take a leave of absence for the fall semester, you must apply through this process now
if you want to live off-campus for the semester you return to Wesleyan. Only students who meet the criteria
in the first paragraph above will be considered.
spaces cannot be "swapped" with another person.
- If you move to an off-campus apartment or house, you
are responsible for the lease. If a roommate should move out, a
Wesleyan student currently residing in campus housing will not be eligible
to request off-campus status to fill the vacancy.
- You will
be charged the residential comprehensive fee, which
covers room, board and other student life fees. You will receive a credit
of 60% as an off-campus student.
- If you are
granted off-campus status, you will still be required to participate in
a campus meal plan.
- If, after
requesting and being approved, you refuse off-campus status, you will be
at the end of the waitlist until all the stages of the GRS process have
- You should
be aware that utilities are not typically included in the rental rate for