Every year we are inundated with requests from students and their families to return before university housing opens for all undergraduate students. It is necessary that we permit only essential students on-campus for the following reasons:
- Physical Plant needs adequate time to prepare residences
- The week of August 31, 2016 is reserved for new student on-campus acclimation without the distractions from continuing students
Continuing students may return to undergraduate housing on either Saturday, September 3, 2016 or Sunday, September 4, 2016. Early arrival status is only granted to students who are:
- Employed with a University office that has responsibilities related to orientation
- Fall Athletes (Men and Women's Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Men and Women's Soccer, and Volleyball)
- Students who lived in University summer housing in Bennet Hall
If a student is working on campus for a University office, the supervisor must submit a request to Residential Life no later than June 17, 2016. Once a request is submitted, we can confirm with Physical Plant whether a student's fall assignment will be available early. Supervisors should contact Stacey Phelps at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you the early arrivals spreadsheet.
Information regarding students participating in fall sports teams is coordinated through Athletics. Orientation Leaders, Residential Life staff, Admissions, and Usdan student workers should contact their supervisor to confirm early arrival status and dates.
If you are not working on-campus or participating in a fall sport, but feel you have an unavoidable circumstance that requires you to return to campus early, please email the Office of Residential Life no later than July 25,2016. The email needs to have the student's name, WesID, an explaination of the unavoidable circumstance in detail. ResLife will respond to all requests by the next business day.
* Students and families should make their plans according to the published dates, as early arrival status will not be granted solely on the basis of convenience.