Summer Staff Information/Applications
Summer Community Advisors
Summer Community Advisors are members of the Residential Life Staff at Wesleyan University. They are directly supervised by the Area Coordinator for summer housing and the Residential Operations Coordinator. Community Advisors play an integral role in establishing a community environment conducive to maximum academic, personal and social development; maintaining healthy and safe living conditions; and providing overall support of the mission of Residential Life. While Community Advisors have specific responsibilities to their assigned summer area, they are expected to serve in their role and support the mission of the Office of Residential Life throughout the Wesleyan community. They also provide general office support for the office of Residential Life through the duration of the summer.
Facilitator of Community Development:
- Strive to create a sense of community and mutual respect within the living unit through an emphasis on courtesy, consideration, contribution, and involvement
- Inform all residents about the summer housing rules and regulations
- Facilitate on-going discussion related to what community members expect of each other as well as how situations will be handled if a member is not living up to those expectations
- Hold meetings with residents on a regular basis or as needed, to discuss issues, concerns, or problems related to the living area
- Serve in an on call duty rotation throughout employment period
- Perform 20 hours of general office work per week (answering phones, distributing mail, responding to e-mails, etc.)
- Assist in the assignment of first-year students
- Assist with residential key management
- Support special projects as assigned by central office staff
- Assist with opening of fall housing
- For the summer of 2015, each Community Advisor receives a full housing waiver and an hourly salary of $9.15 for 20 hours per week
- The terms of this contract are for the summer of 2013 as officially defined by the University. The dates for this position will be for May 18th, 2015 through September 7th, 2015. Please note that you will have weekend responsibilities on September 5th and September 6th, 2015 (during move-in). One full week of vacation time will be permitted, dates to be agreed upon with supervisors.
Summer CA Applications have closed.