Students who choose to live on campus for Summer Session 2013 will reside in Bennet Hall with University summer housing students. Bennet is air-conditioned and equipped with a community kitchen, a spacious central community lounge, as well as study and social lounges on each floor. The building is adjacent to Foss Hill and in close proximity to dining facilities, Olin library, and other academic buildings. Single and double-occupancy rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Wesleyan students: Please note that Alpha Delta Phi, Beta Theta Phi, and Psi Upsilon are not designated as University Summer Session housing, students who decide to stay at these locations should carefully check move in and move out dates, as they will not be eligible for University transition housing.
- To qualify for on-campus housing, Non-Wesleyan participants must:
- Certify they graduated from high school
- Certify that they are at least 18 years old
- Provide proof of compliance with the State of Connecticut immunization requirements
Two students will be hired to serve as ResLife staff for the students living on campus this summer. It is their responsibility to help create community and maintain a safe and welcoming environment for residents. To view the Residential Life Summer Staff Application, please click here.
The same University policies that apply during the academic year are in effect during the summer term. Students are expected to comply with the terms of the Summer Housing Contract, the Code of Non-Academic Conduct and all Community Standards. To view a copy of the Summer Housing Contract please click here.
Summer Session Dates
|Dates||Move In Date||Move Out Date|
|Session I||Tuesday, May 28||Friday, June 28|
|Session II||Sunday, June 30||Wednesday, July 31|
|Session I & II||Tuesday, May 28||Wednesday, July 31|
Summer Session Rates
Residential Fee for One Session
Double-Occupancy Room: $744
Single-Occupancy Room: $930
Residential Fee for Both Sessions
Double-Occupancy Room: $1,536
The Daniel Family Commons (DFC), located on the third floor of the Usdan University Center, will be open to students for lunches Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. during Session I. DFC will offer a lunch buffet for a fixed price of $7.99. Students may pay for lunches with cash, Middletown cash, or credit card.
The Market Place, located on the second floor of the Usdan University Center, will be open to students for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners Monday through Friday, and for brunches and dinners on weekends during Session II. Block meal plans will be available.
Summer Session applications are accepted on a rolling basis, however the priority deadline is April 26, 2013. Applications for Summer Session II will not be accepted after June 13, 2013.
Students will be notified of their housing assignment by May 10, 2013 for Summer Session I and Summer Session I & II and June 21, 2013 for Summer Session II.
- Students who break their summer housing contract at any point after May 10, 2013 for Summer Session I, I & II and for after June 14, 2013 for Summer Session II will be charged a $150 contract breakage fee. A
student can be charged the breakage fee for any breach of the contract,
including moving out early or finding another place before Summer Session Housing begins.
- Students will be billed on April 3, 2013, May 15, 2013, or July 3, 2013, based on when their application is received. Payment is due 30 days after the billing date.
- Non-Wesleyan students have to pay in full by check or money order payable to Wesleyan University
- Please download the Housing Request Form and send the completed application and payment to:
Wesleyan Summer Session, 74 Wyllis Avenue, Middletown, CT 06459
Summer Session applications are accepted on a rolling basis , however the priority deadline is April 26, 2013. Applications for Summer Session II will not be accepted after June 13, 2013.
Students will be notified of their housing assignment by Summer Session I, and Summer Session I & II by May 10, 2013 and June 13, 2013 for Summer Session II.
- Students who break their summer housing contract at any point after May 3, 2013 for Summer Session I, I & II and for Summer Session II June 13, 2013 will be charged a $150 contract breakage fee. A student can be charged the breakage fee for any breach of the contract, including moving out early or finding another place before Sumer Session Housing begins.
If you have questions contact: the Office of Residential Life at 860-685-3550 or via email email@example.com