Information on our sustainability initiatives
Wesleyan tracks our sustainability progress in several ways. We complete annual greenhouse gas inventories, have completed a Climate Action Plan, and did a STARS evaluation in 2013.
Greenhouse Gas Inventories (2008-2013)
- square footage included in GHG inventory;
- electricity use;
- heating fuel use;
- fuel used by campus vehicles (fleet);
- commuting estimates of faculty/staff and students;
- total waste and compost generated; and
- agricultural information (fertilizer use).
Climate Action Plan (2010, revised 2012)
- Goals and strategies relating to academics, energy, facilities, transportation, waste, and Wesleyan's sustainability vision
STARSView our 2013 STARS Scorecard and 2014 STARS Report. STARS provides qualitative and quantitative information on Wesleyan's sustainability progress in the areas of:
- Curriculum, research, engagement, buildings, climate, dining, energy, grounds, purchasing, transportation, waste, water, planning, diversity/affordability, human resources, and investment
For other requests, please email Jen Kleindienst. In your request:
1) Specify what data you need and,
2) Provide a date when you need the data by.