Guide for University Departments
Wesleyan mail carriers deliver to and pick up from over 100 departments once each day.
Metering Service and Outgoing Mail
- Outgoing mail that is preposted is picked up by the United States Postal Service at 3:30 p.m. daily.
- International mail should be separated from domestic mail, and be accompanied by a duty form.
- Mail to be metered should be received at Wesleyan Station no later than 2:30 p.m. for processing, and must include a smartkey to charge the postage to. Metering is done offsite and will be postmarked the following day.
- Call us about large mailings. We will arrange to have our vendor pick it up from you directly, usually around 3:30 p.m.
- If you are sending multiple letters to be charged to one smartkey, they should face the same direction. Depending on the total number, either banded together with a rubber band or placed in a letter tray or half-tray (available at Wesleyan Station) with the correct smartkey on a cover sheet.
- Mail to be metered must be identified with the full Wesleyan University return address, including the sender's name and/or Department. One form will suffice for multiple pieces to the same smartkey. Please do not stamp your smartkey in the postage area. A letter bundle or tray can have the smartkey written on the top letter or may be accompanied by mailing form.
Bulk/Standard or First Class Permit Imprint Mail
To use the University Postal Permit Imprint account for Non-Profit or First-Class Permit Imprint mailings please email Allen Alonzo. The permit will not be funded unsless a valid smartkey with enough budget is provided.