Olin Fellowships are awarded to support independent research or
writing. The Fellowships are to be used for work in English outside the
Wesleyan course structure. Such work may consist of research (in
for your thesis, for example) or training in research methods, study in
academic program, or creative writing.
Olin Fellowships are available to prospective sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Please note: current seniors are not eligible. Fellowships will be awarded on the basis of your project's merit, your ability to carry it out, and in recognition of both promise and achievement in English studies. Your financial need will be a factor although it is not the primary consideration.
- Awards will be announced by early May.
- A report on your Olin project is due on the first day of classes in September.
- Applications must include a copy of the Olin Fellowship application form, click on link below.
- Selected Olin applications from previous Olin winners are available upon request. Please email@example.com and a link will be provided.
- Completed applications may be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the Subject heading of : Olin Fellowship.
If submitting in hardcopy please return to the English Department office in
Downey House, 294 High Street #204 by Wednesday, March 27, 2013 by 4:30 PM. Please also submit an electronic version as instructed above for our files.
- Please Note: Only two faculty References are now required, and not written recommendations.
OLIN FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
Deadline: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 by 4:30PM
Summer or permanent address:
Title of the project:
-Explanation of project: please attach a 2-page double-spaced description. If you did not receive an Olin award, what if anything would prevent you from completing the project?
-Itemized budget: please attach list of expenses. Request a specific sum.
-Sample of your written work (15 pages maximum). The sample may be creative or academic work, whichever best shows your preparation for the project you are proposing.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 by 4:30 P.M.
Return to: English Department Office, Room 204, 294 High Street (Downey House)
Electronic submissions to: email@example.com with Subject heading of: Writing Prize—Olin Fellowship.
Hard copy submissions: English Department Office, 294 High Street #204 (Downey House)