- June 11th, Wednesday - Boarding students arrive beginning at 5:00 pm
- June 12th, Thursday - Full day program
- June 13th, Friday - Full day program
- June 14th, Saturday - One Day Event
- June 15th, Sunday - Program Concludes at 3:00 pm
There will be variations in the daily schedule. Specific details will be included in an informational email that will be sent in June.
Faculty Members and Seminars
Seminars are led by award-winning writers who are also generous teachers. Each member of the conference faculty leads a daily seminar, usually including a short lecture, discussion, and (optional) writing exercises. You are welcome to attend as many of these sessions as you like. We suggest that you attend one seminar regularly and visit several of the others.
Manuscript Consultations and Informal Conferences
To register for a manuscript consultation, please click here.
A faculty member or teaching fellow will meet with you privately to discuss your work.
During the week teaching fellows are also available to meet with you.
Time for Writing
Some people attend every event; others reserve part of each day for writing. Arrange your day in the way that suits you best. You will find quiet work spaces in the dorms and libraries and rolling lawns across the campus.
Speakers will talk about the writer's craft and, during the publishing panel, about the process of getting your work into print. See the schedule below. Also see Faculty and Guest Speakers page.
An Overview of the 2014 Daily Schedule:
There are small variations in this schedule daily. Details will be announced closer to June.
Most events will be held in the following three campus buildings:
Usdan University Center · 41 Wyllys Ave · Allbritton Center
You will find these indicated on the campus map.
Typical daily schedule:
Note: Your (optional) manuscript consultation will be scheduled by your faculty reader.
- 8:00 - 9:00 am - Breakfast
- 9:00 - 10:15 am - Poetry
- 10:30 - 11:45 am - Novel and Short Story
- Literary Journalism and Memoir
- 12:00 - 1:15 pm - Lunch
- 1:30 - 2:45 pm - Novel and Short Story
- 3:30 - 4:45 pm - Guest Speakers
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm - Craft Workshops
- 6:00 - 7:30 pm - Dinner
- 8:00 - 9:30 pm - Guest Speakers
- 9:45 - - Readings