Here are gender-blind links
others will be up as soon as you tell me to whom I should link. They are rather outdated by now, I know. Sorry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with whatever you think should be linked from here.
gender-neutral housing links
Wesleyan Argus Articles
- 2/28/03 Wesleyan Argus
- 4/18/03 Wesleyan Argus
- 3/26/04 Wesleyan Argus
- 9/10/04 Wesleyan Argus—Frosh upset by administration's last-minute housing decision
- 10/5/2004 Argus—WSA passes new gender neutral housing resolution
- 10/22/04 Argus—Gender-neutral housing poll results
- 12/10/04 Argus—Gender-neutral housing update
Articles from larger media sources:
- New York Times You have to pay to see the version at the NYTimes site, but here's it reposted.
- Hartford Courant This is a reprint from another source. The AP picked up the article and it ran in many outlets across the country.
- Chronicle of Higher Education Again, a reprint from another source. Many college administrators read the Chricle, though, and so this was a big deal.
- Bay Windows Bay Windows also reprinted the AP story earlier in the summer.
- Free encyclopedia Did we invent the term “gender-blind”? Maybe&hellix; the free encyclopedia uses us as their example.
- University of Binghamton A nice overview of what's going on around the country.
- Macalester — 11/14/03
- Macalester, part two — 12/05/03
- University of Iowa, see here and here
- Macalester College (see here and here) are also considering adding gender-blind dorms or floors to their housing options.
- Discussions are also underway at the University of Southern Maine and Ithaca College among others.