Representing Wesleyan at Local College Fairs
Thank you for agreeing to represent Wesleyan at a college fair near you. With your help we are able to extend our resources to reach many talented students. Please download the College Fair Tip Sheet for more details.
Preparing for the College Fair
Prior to Fair
- Refer to the updated information about Wesleyan by using the materials sent to you and visiting our main Admission page. Select from the menu on the left side of the screen to review academic, student live, and application information. Also, review the most recent admission profile to learn more about our latest admitted class.
- Please arrive at least thirty minutes early in order to set up your table. The attire at fairs is business casual. You will have received a table banner from our office, as well as plenty of materials to distribute at the fair.
During the Fair
- Greet each student or parent, and explain that you are an alumni representative of Wesleyan. Ask them if they have any questions—some students will want very general information and others will have specific questions.
- Answer questions based on your own experiences at Wesleyan and from what you’ve read.
- Refer students back to the admission office if you don’t know an answer to a question, and encourage a visit to campus. Do not be afraid to say that you don’t know the answer! No information is better than bad information, and the admission staff can always answer their questions later. For your convenience, a handful of the regional deans' business cards will be included in the materials sent to you.
- Ask students to fill out an inquiry card to become a part of our mailing list and so that we know they attended the fair for our records.
After the Fair
- Return the table banner and inquiry cards to Karen O’Leary (address below). Please take a moment to fill out the evaluation form through your portal and let us know your thoughts on the fair. Your evaluation will help us decide if it is worth attending the fair again.
Office of Admission
70 Wyllys Avenue
Middletown, CT 06459