Employment Eligibility Verification

All Work-Study and Non-Work-Study students who wish to work on campus must provide proof that they are eligible to work in the United States. To do so students must complete a Federal Employment Eligibility Verification Form, also referred to as an I-9. Entering students are asked to bring appropriate documentation on Arrival Day to complete the form. Upperclass students may complete it in the Payroll Office, 212 College Street. Failure to complete this form will make a student ineligible to work.

Documentation must establish identity and employment eligibility. Acceptable forms of documentation are listed below. Please note original documents are required, copies are not acceptable. Students must provide either one document from List A or one document EACH from List B and List C.

List A: Documents that Establish both Identity and Employment Eligibility

U.S. Passport

Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)

Foreign Passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notification on a machine readable immigrant visa

Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (INS Form I-766)

In the case of a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to a status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's nonimmigrant status, as long as the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.

Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI

List B: Documents that Establish Identity

Driver's License or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address

ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address

School ID card with a photograph

Voter's registration card

U.S. Military card or draft record

Military dependent's ID card

U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card

Native American tribal document

Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:

School record or report card

Clinic, doctor, or hospital record

Day-care or nursery school record

List C: Documents that Establish Employment Eligibility

U.S. social security card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)

Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)

Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)

Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal

Native American tribal document

U.S. Citizen ID Card (INS Form I-197)

I.D. Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (INS Form I-179)

Unexpired employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security