The Office of Graduate Student Services is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.


Special Graduate Student

Wesleyan University offers the opportunity to take graduate courses on a non-degree basis as a Special Graduate Student. Special Graduate Students live within commuting distance from the University and take courses on a per-credit, non-degree basis. Individuals accepted for this category may enroll in two courses per semester with the instructor's approval as long as their enrollment does not displace a degree-seeking student.  The category applies to the courses offered in the two semesters of the academic year; it does not apply to courses offered in the summer program. There is a $55 non-refundable application fee.  All persons holding a BA degree or its equivalent will be counted in the category of special graduate students, regardless of the level of instruction (undergraduate or graduate) or the field of study in which they plan to work. Like all graduate students, special students must submit an official transcript of their most recent academic work before their application will be considered. In addition, and prior to registration, the Special Graduate Student will be required to obtain written permission to enter courses from the instructor of the course in which he or she wishes to be enrolled, and permission from the chair of the department under which the course is offered. Special students are not eligible for financial aid or housing. They are not permitted to utilize the student health center. They are subject to the honor system but not to the graduate activity fee. Regularly matriculated students have priority over special students in spaces available in classes.

For more information please contact Barbara Schukoske at

Tuition for special graduate students: Wesleyan's per-credit tuition rate. For the 2018-2019 academic year, the rate is $6,789.25 per one credit.

Payment in full is due with all registrations.  Payment may be made by check or money order, payable to Wesleyan University.

Financial Aid
No financial aid is offered to non-degree students. Students enrolled in other colleges or universities should check with their financial aid office.