Housing/Meal Plan Accommodations

food and lodging symbol

Wesleyan University is a residential campus that requires all students to live on campus throughout their time at the university. Housing and/or meal plan accommodations will be made for students with documented disabilities. Please see the Housing/Meal Plan Accommodations Procedures document for more information.

Housing Accommodations

Student's preferences for specific housing will be considered, but may not always be met. Failure to submit the complete information by the deadlines may delay or prevent the college from meeting the request.

Students needing housing accommodations must:

  • Submit their Request for Housing/Meal Plan Accommodation Form to the Accessibility Services office
  • Provide supporting documentation using the Disability Provider Form by the appropriate deadlines
  • Students with allergy or asthma related issues must provide supporting documentation using the Verification of Disability Form (for Asthma/Allergy Conditions)
  • Click here to view the Forms page

A few things to keep in mind:

  • Please refer to the Residential Life website for important dates and deadlines for the room selection process.
  • Information on emergency evacuations can be found on the Evacuation Procedures for Individuals with Disabilities page.
  • Students who have received housing/meal plan accommodations in the past must apply each year to be reconsidered.
  • Single rooms based on a student's desire to have a "quiet place to study" will be provided only in unusual circumstances. By virtue of the shared facilities, resources, and number of people living under one roof in the residence halls, a single room does not necessarily provide a quieter, more distraction-free space than a standard shared room.

Food Allergies and Dietary Conditions

Serving students with life threatening food allergies, celiac disease, and other dietary conditions is a priority at Wesleyan University. We believe that the ability to dine safely on campus with peers is a significant part of the college experience and we strive to provide this opportunity for all students.

Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

Students with disabilities who request to bring an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) into undergraduate or graduate housing as a reasonable accommodation may be permitted to do so, provided that they comply with the ESA Policy. Students who seek to bring an ESA to campus must first contact Accessibility Services.

Accessibility Services will determine, on a case-by-case basis, and in collaboration with other offices on campus, whether to approve the student's request. In making this determination, Accessibility Services will consider the needs of the student, as well as the impact of the animal on the campus community.

Students seeking to have an ESA must provide the following each academic year:

Service Animals

Students with disabilities who require the use of a service animal as an accommodation are encouraged to contact Accessibility Services to ensure that appropriate housing is provided.