Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I request and reserve space in the building?

    Wesleyan Reservations & Conferences provides comprehensive event oversight to the Wesleyan community and external clients in partnership with campus departments and service providers. Our office assists the campus community and external clients in producing creative, safe, and successful programs on Wesleyan’s campus. The campus community members are responsible for submitting their own room requests using the EMS Room request located within the WesPortal.  Our staff will then review, confirm and/or support the campus community infinalizing their reservation requests.

    In administering Wesleyan’s event management software, we utilize best practices and current technology to help ensure efficient and equitable use of space in keeping with the University’s values and in support of its mission. We foster a supportive learning environment by offering training to university faculty and staff, facilitating a progressive student employment experience, and acting as a campus-wide resource for all meeting and event needs.


    If you are an external client interested in renting a space at Wesleyan University, please contact Wesleyan Reservations and Conferences at 860.685.2280 or

  • How do I get to the Usdan Center?

    Click here for directions.

  • Where should I park if I am attending an event in the building?

    Parking is very limited on campus.  There is a parking lot directly across from the Usdan Center (Lot E) that is reserved for faculty, staff and Admissions Office visitors.  There are also a small number of handicap parking spaces in this lot. After 5pm there is more availabilty to park in Lot E.  However, for a listing of all other visitor parking lots on campus, please click here.

  • Is there a lost and found service in the building?

    Yes, for items lost in the Usdan Center / Fayerweather buildings a lost and found service is located at the Information Center on the first floor.  Items of significant value are also turned in to the Public Safety Office which houses the entire University lost and found.

  • Do you allow alcohol or smoking in the building?

    Alcohol is restricted to those areas of the building where it has been permitted and licensed to be served at an event only.  Guests and clients must receive prior approval for alcohol, which can be obtained while working with an event coordinator in Wesleyan Events and Conferences or the Office of Student Activities. 

    The Usdan Center and Fayerweather building are non smoking facilities.  Smoking is permitted outside at least 25 feet away from the buildings.  Our smoking policy also includes e-cigarettes and vaperizers.

  • Are pets allowed in the building?

    Per health code, no pets are allowed in the building (except for service animals).

  • How can I reserve an information table?

    Advance table reservation requests can be made utiizing the EMS schduling system located within your WesPortal. 

    Table reservations can be made by individual students, student groups, University Offices or Departments, and external organizations (if approved by Auxiliary Services Operations Staff).  Only one table may be reserved for any one day (University Center Staff can approve the use of more than one table subject to request, space, and availability).

    All materials on tables inside or outside the Usdan Center must comply with the University’s nondiscrimination and sexual harassment policies as outlined in the Student Handbook, and are subject to removal by University Center Staff.  Any products/services that contravene Wesleyan University’s goals, missions, or policies (i.e. fire safety: candles, incense, tapestries, etc…) will not be permitted.

    Day of only reservations may also be made at the Usdan Information Desk.

  • Where can I hang a poster or banner?

    Signs, flyers, etc should only be posted on the cork boards throughout the buildings.  Postings placed on any other surface such as doors, walls, windows, etc. will be removed. There are no banner locations in the building, however you may submit your advirtisement through our electronic advertising link and your information will be broadcast on all screens within the building.

  • Are there bike racks located near the building?

    Individuals are not allowed to rollerblade, bike / scooter ride or skateboard inside the building.  Bicycles are not allowed to be parked in the building.  Bike racks are located outside on the courtyard and outside of the Usdan Center West entrance.

  • Do you have an outside vending program?

    At this time our external vending program has been suspended.  Inquiries and questions should be directed to Nafeza Kignston, Assistant Director of Operation Services at 860-685-2467. 

  • Is there a dress code within the facilities?

    Per health code, shirts and shoes must be worn while in the building.