The Allbritton Center

Welcome to the Allbritton Center

The Allbritton Center opened in the fall of 2009 as a beautifully renovated home to the Allbritton Center for the Study of Public Life, the Center for Community Partnerships, Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program, Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Quantitative Analysis Center, the Science in Society Program, and more. Through this facilities renewal project, Wesleyan will emphasize its academic engagement with the public sphere.

[Front entrance to The Allbritton Center]

About the Center

This outstanding example of “Beaux Arts” architecture was the former physics facility, completed in 1904 and dedicated to John Bell Scott, Class of 1881, who died as a result of an illness contracted during the Spanish-American War. Scott Lab, as it was known on campus, was remodeled and opened in 1984 as Davenport Student Center. With the opening of Usdan University Center, the building has returned to academic use as the Allbritton Center.

This renovation featured a comprehensive approach to sustainability, including maximizing operational efficiencies while minimizing environmental impacts. As a result of this effort, the U.S. Green Building Council has awarded the Allbritton Center renovation its highly-prized Gold LEED Certification.

Inside

The Allbritton Center includes:

Read more…