Wesleyan's Ronald E. McNair Post Program assists students from under-represented groups in preparing for, entering and progressing successfully through post graduate education. Since 2007, the program has supported dozens of students many of who were first generation college, low-income and from groups underrepresented in graduate school. The program provides guidance, research opportunities, and academic support to students planning to pursue PhDs.
Student destinations since 2007 after Wesleyan graduation include:
- 1 student has earned a PhD
- 11 students are enrolled in PhD programs
- 11 students have earned a master degree
- 32 students are currently enrolled in graduate school programs
- 4 students are working in research positions