Apply as a Non-Degree Student
All completed and official application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to the first day of class. Please consult the academic calendar to confirm the start date for the term for which you are applying.
To apply to study at Wesleyan as a Community Scholar or Residential Scholar:
- Determine which courses you would like to take
- Complete the Non-Degree Visiting Student Application Form
- Submit a brief (one-page) statement of purpose
- Complete a Non-Degree Visiting Student Registration Form
- Request an official transcript from your high school or college (highest available)
- Request your TOEFL score (only required if English is not your native language)
- Send in the application form, along with payment, your brief statement of purpose, and registration form, and have your transcript and TOEFL score sent directly to: Wesleyan Continuing Studies, 74 Wyllys Avenue, Middletown, CT 06459
- If planning to become a Residential Scholar, please complete the Non-Degree Visiting Student Housing Request Form
- Once your file is complete, the admissions committee will review your application. You will be informed of your status by email. Please be aware of class start dates and other potential time constraints when submitting forms and requesting transcripts for your file from other institutions.
Wesleyan will issue an official transcript after grades are received. Since each institution of higher education has its own credit transfer policy, visiting students should contact their own registrar about transferring credits.
For More Information
For more information about studying at Wesleyan as a Community Scholar or a Residential Scholar, please contact the office of Continuing Studies:
Wesleyan Continuing Studies
74 Wyllys Avenue
Middletown, CT 06459