Non-Degree Students

Applying as a Non-Degree Student

All completed and official application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to the first day of class. Please consult the academic calendar to confirm the start date for the term for which you are applying.The deadline for completed applications to be received is 8 AM on August 21, 2015. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Please note: Priority consideration for international students begins 10 weeks in advance of the term. We cannot guarantee that a student whose complete application is not received by 8 AM on June 29, 2015 will be considered for admission to the program. No international applications will be considered after July 10, 2015.

To apply to study at Wesleyan as a Community Scholar or Residential Scholar:

  1. Read and understand the policies outlined in the Wesleyan University Student Handbook.
  2. Complete the Community Scholar Application Form.
  3. Write and submit a brief (one-page) statement of purpose. 
  4. Have an official, sealed transcript sent directly to: Continuing Studies, 74 Wyllys Avenue, Middletown, CT 06459. Transcripts must be sent by your current/most recent undergraduate degree-granting institution or high school directly to our office. Transcripts sent by students will not be considered.
  5. Request your TOEFL score (only required if English is not your native language).
  6. Have your TOEFL score (if applicable) sent directly to: Wesleyan University Continuing Studies, 74 Wyllys Avenue, Middletown, CT 06459. 
  7. Send in the application form and your statement of purpose.
  8. If planning to become a Residential Scholar, read the Housing Contract and contact Sarah-Jane Ripa for further information.
  9. The admissions committee reviews applications on a rolling basis. Once your application file is complete, you will be notified. Once the admissions committee has met, you will be informed of your admission status by email.

Admitted Students

        1. Once admitted, determine which courses you would like to take, then complete and submit a Community Scholar Registration Form.
          • Community Scholar courses are entered the last business day prior to the beginning of the term. Community Scholars are not guaranteed any particular courses during registration, but may participate in the Drop/Add process.
        2. Students taking more than 2 courses must complete the Student Immunization Form, and bring to your physician so that they may provide Wesleyan University Health Services with your records. If you are seeking housing, request the Residential Scholar Housing Form.
          • Housing may not be available in any given semester. Students who are seeking to become Residential Scholars may not be notified of their residency until the week classes begin.
Transferring Courses to Another Institution
Wesleyan will issue an official transcript after grades are received. Since each institution of higher education has its own credit transfer policy, visiting students should contact their own registrar about transferring credits.

Students with Disabilities
Wesleyan University is committed to making its educational programs and facilities accessible to people with disabilities. Students with a documented disability that requires accommodation should notify the Office of Disabilities Services as soon as possible by submitting the Disabilities Services Notification Form. Information about requesting housing, academic and other accommodations is available at the office's website, or you may write to Laura Patey, Associate Dean for Academic Resources, at

For More Information
For more information about studying at Wesleyan as a Community Scholar, please contact the office of Continuing Studies:

Wesleyan Continuing Studies
74 Wyllys Avenue
Middletown, CT 06459