Apply as a Non-Degree Student
All completed and official application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to the first day of class. Please consult the academic calendar to confirm the start date for the term for which you are applying.
To apply to study at Wesleyan as a Community Scholar or Residential Scholar:
- Read and understand the policies outlined in the Wesleyan University Student Handbook.
- Complete the Non-Degree Scholar Application Form.
- Write and submit a brief (one-page) statement of purpose.
- Request an official transcript from your high school or college (highest available). Please be aware of class start dates and other potential time constraints when requesting transcripts from other institutions.
- Request your TOEFL score (only required if English is not your native language).
- Have your transcript and TOEFL score (if applicable) sent directly to: Wesleyan Continuing Studies, 74 Wyllys Avenue, Middletown, CT 06459.
- Send in the application form and your statement of purpose.
- If planning to become a Residential Scholar, read the Housing Contract and complete the Student Immunization Form and Non-Degree Scholar Housing Request Form.
- When all paperwork is received, the admissions committee will review your application. You will be informed of your status by email.
- Once admitted, determine which courses you would like to take, then complete and submit a Non-Degree Scholar Registration Form.
Wesleyan will issue an official transcript after grades are received. Since each institution of higher education has its own credit transfer policy, visiting students should contact their own registrar about transferring credits.
Students with Disabilities
Wesleyan University is committed to making its educational programs and facilities accessible to people with disabilities. Students with a documented disability that requires accommodation should notify the Office of Disabilities Services as soon as possible by submitting the Disabilities Services Notification Form. Information about requesting housing, academic and other accommodations is available at the office's website, or you may write to Laura Patey, Associate Dean for Academic Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information
For more information about studying at Wesleyan as a Community Scholar or a Residential Scholar, please contact the office of Continuing Studies:
Wesleyan Continuing Studies
74 Wyllys Avenue
Middletown, CT 06459