Regulations for Transferring Credit From Other Institutions

No more than 2 transfer credits, (from study abroad or US institutions), may be counted toward the major, except in the case of transfer students. American Studies adheres to the University rule that you must have approval in advance, (at least provisionally), to take any course for which you expect to receive Wesleyan/American Studies transfer credit. If you have received approval to enroll in a particular course and it is necessary to find a substitute, you will need to request approval for the substitute before the class begins.

American Studies majors should seek provisional approval from their major advisors.  Non-majors should apply to the Chair of American Studies by email or fax 860/685-2985.  To receive preliminary approval you must present at least a course description, preferably a syllabus and/or a required reading list, for the course.  For study abroad as well as transfer credits, you must receive a B- or better.