Prominent CSS Alumni
|Lael Brainard||Dick Cavanagh||Diana Farrell||David Garrow||Tom Kelly||Ted Shaw|
- Lael Brainard, CSS '83, Under Secretary of the US Treasury for International Affairs
- Dick Cavanagh, CSS '68, Former CEO of the Conference Board and partner at McKinsey
- Nicholas Dirks, CSS '72, Anthropologist and Vice-President for Arts & Sciences, Columbia University
- Diana Farrell, CSS '87, Deputy Director of the US National Economic Council
- David Garrow, CSS '75, Research Professor of History and Law, University of Pittsburgh School of Law and Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Bearing the Cross
- Robert Hunter, CSS '62, Senior advisor, Rand Corporation and former US ambassador to NATO
- Tom Kelly, CSS '73, Head of Medicaid for Aetna.
- Andrew Kleinfeld, CSS '66, Judge in the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Ted Shaw, CSS '76, Director-Counsel and President, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund 2004-08, professor, Columbia Law School and counsel, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.