Non-Reporting Options

Whether it is a single incident or an ongoing pattern, sexual misconduct can undermine one’s physical and emotional safety.  Reporting is a personal decision; individuals have their own reasons for whether or not they decide to go through with a formal reporting process.

Regardless of how you wish proceed, we are here to guide you through the process and ensure your physical and mental health & well-being. Each survivor’s circumstance is unique and, as such, each plan may be tailored to meet the individual’s needs.

Whether or not a report leading to an investigation is filed university administrators, including Title IX Investigators, play an important role in helping survivors to assess situations and/or create strategies by discussing various environments such as residence hall, class, dining, and/or social situations.

Some resources and options for support could include:

Mutual No-Contact Order:
These are “contracts” may be implemented between individuals, by and at the discretion of the Offices of Title IX, Public Safe and/or Student Affairs, typically in the following circumstances:

  • No formal complaint; but need for separation
  • During/prior to investigation and adjudication
  • After a not responsible finding with both parties remaining on campus

In this context, contact refers to any intentional words or actions directed to the individual; contact may also include, but is not limited to:

  • Telephone calls, text messages, instant messages, emails, Facebook, Twitter, or other forms of social media.
  • Destruction or vandalism of the above-named person’s property
  • Verbal abuse or personal harassment both on and off-campus
  • Use or threats of physical violence both on and off-campus

Additionally, contact by a third party, who is acting on one’s behalf, which seeks to intimidate, harass, threaten, coerce, or place in fear the other individual(s) may constitute a violation of an NCO.

Academic Accommodations
After experiencing something as traumatic as assault, it can be difficult to focus academically. If you feel as though your academics are at risk due to a traumatic incident (regardless of if it occurred at Wesleyan or with a Wesleyan student), the Deputy Title IX Officer and/or your Class Dean is available to arrange accommodations that allow you the time and space to focus on healing.

Housing Accommodations
Occasionally, experiencing a traumatic situation makes it difficult to remain in a current housing environment. If you feel as though you’d like to explore other housing options, the Deputy Title IX Officer and/or your Class Dean can help you work with the Residence Life Staff.