SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTION
TESTING & COUNSELING (INCLUDING HIV) -
By Appointment - Please phone 860-685-2470
The Affordable Care Act makes it mandatory that insurance plans cover the cost of sexual health testing at 100%. If you choose to file to private or student insurance you will not be charged at the Davison Health Center. However many students wish to pay out of pocket for services and the discount pricing below can be charged to your student account as "miscellanous lab fee". A $15 administrative fee is assessed for out of pocket services and a $5.00 lab processing fee and charged directly to student accounts.
Sexually Transmitted Infections -
- Herpes: blisters at time of outbreak can be cultured to help confirm diagnosis, if necessary – $30.65 for culture; approximately $150 for Herpes blood test.
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea (swab): a screening test for both, as early as 1-2 weeks post exposure and infection – $33.05 per test
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea (urine/males only): a screening test for both, as early as 1-2 weeks post exposure and infections - $33.05 per test
- Syphilis: blood test most effective 4-6 weeks or more post exposure – $12.23
- Trichomonas or other vaginal or cervical infections: smear of secretions viewed under microscope while you wait. Time varies from exposure to detectable symptoms – $5.00
- Pubic lice (crabs): visual examination – no charge
- Scabies: visual examination – no charge
- HPV (genital warts): usually diagnosed by visual examination of external genitalia or speculum examination of cervix – no charge
- HIV blood test - confidential testing for exposure to HIV.
Prices subject to change. Please check with the front office for current pricing.
All testing is CONFIDENTIAL. You can be tested for sexually transmitted infections by appointment when the Health Center is open; call 860-685-2470. Testing is available by appointment Monday-Thursday 9am-4:30 pm and Friday 9am-3:30pm. Please specify the type of HIV test you would like when you call for an appointment.
HIV testing is also available in Middletown through the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective at the following location on Mondays (please call to confirm below):
Church of the Holy Trinity at 381 Main St. in Middletown - Call (860)278-4163.
You can schedule an appointment between 6:00 and 9:00pm. You will receive your results at the session. Fee is $20 for HIV.