Ethical Reasoning Course Summer Development Grant Application
Please include the following information in your funding proposal:
Faculty name and title
Name of proposed course
Expected semester to be offered: Fall 2006 Spring 2007
1) Provide a brief course description.
2) Briefly describe why you believe the proposed course could satisfy the ethical reasoning capability. For courses where an ethics module is to be developed, explain how the ethics content will be integrated and how ethics issues will be motivated.
3) If you are proposing modifications to an existing course, please submit an existing syllabus and indicate how and where the substantial modifications will occur.
4) If you are proposing a new course, please provide a rough idea of how ethical reasoning will be addressed.
5) How will the ethical reasoning component enhance student understanding of the subject matter of your course?
6) How often might you teach the course? To what extent will it be treated as a normal part of your teaching schedule?
7) Please indicate any background in ethics that you have.
Please submit a statement from the chair of your department confirming the proposed course is intended to be taught in the 2006-7 year.
Please submit via e-mail by May 1, 2005 to the Ethics in Society Project c/o Lori Gruen (firstname.lastname@example.org).