Ethical Reasoning Capability Summer Development Grant: Information
May 1, 2005. Successful applicants will be notified May 25, 2005.
1. Funding Amount: Awards are for $3,000. $500 may be available for development materials.
2. Use of Funds: Awards may be applied as summer salary supplements to support course development activities.
3. Faculty Commitment: By accepting this grant, the faculty member agrees to develop the specified course, to offer it during the 2006-07 academic year, and to plan to continue to offer it on a regular basis as departmental scheduling permits. They also agree to participate in the ½ day development workshop and to attend two syllabi development sessions.
4. Final Evaluation/Assessment: Successful applicants will be asked to complete a short evaluation report after the course is taught.
1. Any faculty member (adjunct, tenure-track, tenured) who will be teaching at Wesleyan during the academic year 2006-7 are eligible. Visiting faculty from other institutions are not eligible.
2. Applicants must obtain the signature of her or his department head, indicating approval of the applicant's plan to teach the course in the semester identified in the grant.
For further details about grant opportunities or the Ethics in Society Project, contact Lori Gruen (firstname.lastname@example.org).