A complete application must include:
- Application Form.
- Graduate Record Examination and scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical, and advanced score in any appropriate field).
- Transcripts of all previous academic work at the college level.
- Letters of recommendation from three professors or scientists familiar with the applicant's record and ability.
- Personal Statement/Essay.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores.
o Note: For GRE score reporting: Wesleyan University’s Institution code is 3959. Our Department codes are Cell/Molecular Biology: 0206, Biochemistry: 0202 and Genetics: 0210.
- TOEFL scores; if you are an international prospective student.
Applications should be submitted before January 15 for early consideration, but applications will be accepted until all the positions are filled.
Between January and April, MB&B faculty review applications and make admission decisions for the Autumn semester.
Normally, all graduate students hold Teaching Assistantships, and all PhD candidates will be considered for these positions. The duties of Teaching Assistants require approximately ten hours per week. Advanced students are typically supported on research grants. Allowances for dependents are also available when applicable.
Please contact our administrative assistant, Anika Milik (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the application process.