A complete application must include:
- Online Application Form
- Graduate Record Examination and scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical, and advanced score in any appropriate field).
- Transcripts of all previous academic work at the college level.
- Letters of recommendation from three professors or scientists familiar with the applicant's record and ability.
- Personal Statement/Essay (can be emailed to email@example.com).
- 3 letters of recommendation using the form available in PDF.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores.
o Note: For GRE score reporting: Wesleyan University’s Institution code is 3959. Our Department codes are Cell/Molecular Biology: 0206, Biochemistry: 0202 and Genetics: 0210.
- TOEFL scores; if you are an international prospective student.
- Official transcript(s) for undergraduate and/or graduate studies
All snail-mail materials should be sent to:
Director of Graduate Admissions
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Department
205 Hall-Atwater Laboratories
Middletown, CT 06459-0175
Applications should be submitted before January 15 for early consideration, but applications will be accepted until all the positions are filled.
Between January and April, MB&B faculty review applications and make admission decisions for the Autumn semester.
Normally, all graduate students hold Teaching Assistantships, and all PhD candidates will be considered for these positions. The duties of Teaching Assistants require approximately ten hours per week. Advanced students are typically supported on research grants. Allowances for dependents are also available when applicable.
Please contact our administrative assistant, Anika Milik (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the application process.