A complete application must include:
- Application Form.
- Personal Statement describing your research experience and goals.
- Letters of recommendation from three professors or scientists familiar with the applicant's record and ability.
- Transcripts of all previous academic work at the college level.
- Graduate Record Examination and scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical, and advanced score in any appropriate field).
o Note: For GRE score reporting: Wesleyan University’s Institution code is 3959. Our Department codes are Cell/Molecular Biology: 0206, Biochemistry: 0202 and Genetics: 0210.
- TOEFL scores arealso required if you are an international prospective student. The Institution code is 3959.
Applications are open between September 1 and April 1. Applications recieved by January 15 are given full consideration.
Between January and April, MB&B faculty review applications and make admission decisions for the Autumn semester.
Normally, all graduate students hold Teaching Assistantships, and all PhD candidates will be considered for these positions. The duties of Teaching Assistants require approximately ten hours per week. Advanced students are typically supported on research grants. Allowances for dependents are also available when applicable.
Please contact our administrative assistant, Anika Dane (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the application process.