Non-Degree Study

Students may apply for admission to non-degree GLS study at any time, and may begin taking courses the semester following their application. Non-degree study is open to anyone who holds a bachelor's degree and remains in good standing with the University. Financial aid is not available for non-degree study.

Apply now

Complete your online application. When prompted to create application, select Graduate Liberal Studies. When prompted for the application type, select Non-Degree from the dropdown.


Generally, non-degree students are not required to submit official transcripts. Our office will verify any degree information provided. If there is an issue verifying degree information, you may be required to submit an official transcript. If there is an issue, our office will reach out to you.

If you are interested in pursuing a degree with us in the future and would like to submit your official transcript(s), please have it sent directly to us from the degree-granting institution. Electronic transcripts can be sent to; hard copies can be mailed to Graduate Liberal Studies, Wesleyan University, 74 Wyllys Avenue, Middletown, CT 06459.

Immunization Cover Sheet

Students applying for the MALS or MPhil degree, or for full-time, or for residential status, must provide proof of compliance with the State of CT's immunization requirements. If you are unsure if you are required to submit proof of compliance, please email us at