Housing and Dining

Wesleyan University offers housing to Graduate Liberal Studies students during summer term. Students may also find off-campus housing through local rental property listings.

Students in on-campus housing will live in a single dorm room in an air-conditioned dormitory suite. The suite has shared kitchen and bath facilities. Classrooms, the library, athletic center, and downtown Middletown are all a short walk away. Housing is limited and is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.

Housing accommodations include the following:

  • Air-conditioned dormitory
  • Private bedroom with full-size bed, desk, chair, bookshelf, and dresser
  • Common living room with couch, chairs, and coffee table
  • Shared bathrooms and kitchen
  • Utilities included with rent: WiFi, electricity, water

The following is not included in the dormitories — please bring them with you:

  • Sheets/pillows/bedding
  • Towels
  • Hangers
  • Desk lamp, power strip, trash can
  • Pots, pans, cooking utensils
  • Tableware, cutlery and Tupperware
  • A reusable water bottle — Wesleyan is a bottled water-free campus
  • Sponge and diswashing liquid

For additional ideas about what to bring, the undergraduate orientation website has a longer packing list at: https://www.wesleyan.edu/orientation/program/summerpackinglist.html 

Rate information:

How to sign up for housing:

  • Please email masters@wesleyan.edu and indicate when you would like housing.
  • Once housing assignments have been determined, you will receive a contract in the mail to read, sign, and remit with payment.
Additional information:
  • Please read the housing contract to be sure you understand campus housing expectations.
  • Dormitory housing is not suitable for families; children are not permitted to live in GLS housing.
  • The ITS web site has information on configuring your personal computer or laptop to use the data ports in the residence. For additional help, contact the ITS helpdesk at 860-685-4000. The Wesleyan computer store will configure your system to use the data ports for a service fee; call 860-685-3907 for more information.
  • Pets are not allowed in campus housing.
  • Please contact your insurance company to make sure that your belongings are insured in the case of an accident.
  • Wesleyan University is committed to making its educational programs and facilities accessible to people with disabilities. Students with a documented disability that requires accommodation should notify the Office of Accesibilities Services as soon as possible. Information about requesting housing, academic and other accommodations is available at Accessibility Services, or you may write to Laura Patey, Associate Dean for Academic Resources, at lpatey@wesleyan.edu.



In addition to on-campus dining and resources, the Middletown area and surrounding cities offer a vast array of dining and entertainment options.

Visit Downtown Middletown for a complete guide on Middletown, including a dining and business directory for the city.