The Office of Graduate Student Services is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.

Course Registration

Pre-Registration for Classes

Pre-Registration takes place during November and April, for the next semester, for students who are on-campus and returning from non-resident study and leave. Pre-Registration during January and August, just prior to the start of classes, involves new students and students returning from a leave of absence not eligible for the previous pre-registration period.  Students may then continue to adjust their course schedules during the second phase of Wesleyan's course registration process, the in-semester drop/add period. Additional information regarding pre-registration is available from the Office of the Registrar

On-Campus Enrollment in the University

At the beginning of each semester, Graduate students are required to enroll in the University from an on-campus computer. It is recommended that when enrolling, students check and update emergency contact and address information. Emergency contact information must include name of contact, relationship to the student, and telephone number. Students should enter their department as their on-campus address, not the Office of Graduate Student Services.

If a student is unable to return to campus to enroll before the enrollment deadline, the student must contact the Office of Graduate Student Services. The Office of Graduate Student Services will make arrangements to enroll the student in the student’s absence. Failure to enroll by the posted deadline will result in a charge of $25.

Students whose status will be ABD-Enrolled (enrolled in Advanced Research), ABD-FIELD (conducting research in the field) or ABD-NOT (not enrolled in Advanced Research) are processed by the Office of Graduate Student Services in conjunction with the student’s faculty advisor.

Registration for Classes

After successful enrollment in the University, graduate students may register for courses during the drop/add period. This is completed online via the student’s electronic portfolio.

Registration -- Students may access Drop/Add through the electronic portfolio from any computer (on or off campus).  For Drop/Add opening and closing dates, see the university academic calendar.

Graduate students who are unable to register for a course or tutorial before the end of the drop/add period must file a petition form for a late addition. Students wishiing to add a course other than Advanced Research Tutorials should use the Grad Petition form.  Students wishing to add Advanced Research Tutorial should use both the Grad Petition form and the Late Tutorial form. Students may either download and print the petition forms or pick up the petition forms in the Office of Graduate Student Services.

Appeal to Graduate Regulations

Graduate students who wish to appeal  graduate regulations should download and complete the appeal form and submit it to the Office of Graduate Student Services, Exley Science Center, #128-132.

Appeal to Graduate Regulations Form (PDF)

Grad Petition Form (PDF)

Late Tutorial Form (PDF)