All Housing Selection registration needs to be completed online in your eportfolio between February 6 and April 1, 2015. You will see your class rank/point value on a table in your electronic portfolio that will look just like the one you will receive on the Housing Selection emails. To participate in the Housing Selection process, you must first agree to the terms of the Housing Contract and Lead Paint Disclosure. If you are applying to live in Alpha Delta Phi, Psi Upsilon, Delta Kappa Epsilon or Beta Theta Pi you must still agree to the terms of the Housing Contract.
Point values are assigned to a student based upon the number of semesters completed at Wesleyan, including the current one*. Transfer student points take into consideration credits taken prior to Wesleyan. Point values are as follows:
0 - 1 semester: .5 of a point
2 semesters: 1 point
3 semesters: 1.5 points
4 semesters: 2 points
5 or more semesters: 3 points
* Please see the Room Selection Nights page for detailed information.
If you were not able to select into an apartment as a rising junior or did not have any rooms to select as a rising sophomore, you will receive a slight adjustment in point value. Any increase in points will be reflected on your electronic portfolio. Point adjustments must be used for the Housing Selection process the following year, unless you have been excluded from participating in that Housing Selection process because you have applied for fall study abroad.
The point values for all group members will be averaged for a group point value. All groups with the same point value are randomly ordered by a computer and assigned selection numbers that will determine the order in which they will choose rooms on Room Selection Nights.
Note: if you studied abroad, the time abroad will be counted as semester(s) at Wesleyan.
Browsing: the period before group ranks are established, when you can peruse the room selection site and available housing options.
- Bookmarking: the period after group ranks are determined, when you can "bookmark" specific places where you would like to live. You MUST bookmark a room in order to choose it during the room selection process.
- Rank Number: Number given to a student/group/team who are registered for Room Selction Nights. The number will appear on April 3, 2014 after we run ranks and designates which selection night and when you will select that night.
- Proxy: Student or ResLife authorized to select housing for the student that cannot attend their appointment.
- Waitlist: Comprised of rising sophomores who did not receiving housing during their selection night, students returning from leave, or students that did not register for housing selection nights. These students will be assigned over the summer.
Key points to understand about the Housing Selection Process:
- If you will be a student at Wesleyan University in the fall of 2015, you MUST participate in the Housing Selection process.
- If you currently have off campus status, you must still participate in Housing Selection to request off campus status for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- The process is complex and entails several steps. You must pay close attention to the timeline. You are responsible for meeting all deadlines. No exceptions will be made.
- E-mail updates will be sent periodically throughout the process. Please take a moment to review them when you receive them.
For more Housing Selection information after February 6, 2015, enter your student portfolio and click on “Housing Selection” under “Residential Life”.