Students: The Office of Public Safety is not in the insurance business. While we don't presume to tell you which type of policy is best for you, we do recommend that you insure your valuables against loss. Some homeowners' policies have contingencies under which students are covered by a parent's policy. We recommend that you determine if this is true in your case. Other companies will insure students' belongings under a "renter's" policy.

Faculty and Staff: Wesleyan employees who bring personal property, such as computers or stereo equipment, on campus should make sure that these items are covered for theft by their personal insurance. Engravers can be borrowed from Public Safety to mark these items and personal property may be registered with Public Safety if it is going to be kept on campus.