Student Accounts Frequently Asked Questions

Payment Information

  • When is my payment due?
    Standard semester charges (tuition, fees, residential comprehensive fee) are due and payable within 30 days of the July and January statement dates. Other charges are billed throughout the year and are also due within 30 days. Students cannot complete the enrollment process for the respective semesters until their balances have been satisfied.  Any balance unpaid after the due date is subject to a $200 late payment penalty.
  • Where do I send my payment?
    We hope that you will try the online payment feature of the Student Account Center, but if you decide to send a paper check to pay your bill, please send it (along with the printed statement) to the Student Accounts Office, 237 High Street, Middletown, CT  06459. Be sure to reference the student's name and Wesleyan ID number on the front of the check.  Please note that U.S. mail can take up to 10 days to reach the office.
  • What if I order my check payments through an on-line banking service?
    We hope that you will try the online payment feature of the Student Account Center.  Alternatively, if you choose to make payments using a different online banking service, please direct your checks to the Student Accounts Office at 237 High Street, Middletown, CT 06459.  Be sure to reference the student name and Wesleyan ID number on the memo line.  Please keep in mind that your bank will send a paper check rather than send payment by EFT and that U.S. mail can take 10 days to reach the office.
  • What if my payment needs special handling?
    If you are mailing a scholarship or loan check, or one check for multiple students, please send it to the Student Accounts Office at 237 High Street, Middletown, CT 06459.  Be sure to identify the student(s) by name and Wes ID.  If sending one check for multiple students, the exact amount to be applied to each student's account must be indicated.
  • What if a payment does not appear on my statement?
    We may have received the check after the statement was generated; please confirm receipt by clicking on "Student Account Center" within WesPortal.  If it appears that we did not receive a payment that you sent, please contact your bank to determine if the check has been cashed.  If so, please send us a copy of the front and back of the cancelled check so we can research the matter.
  • What happens if my check is returned?
    Our bank will automatically re-deposit all returned checks before they return the checks to our office.  There is a $30 fee if a check is returned.  The University may also require, at its discretion, that all future payments be made by cashier's check.
  • How do I opt out of the Green Fund Fee?
    You may opt out of this charge each semester from the time the charge appears on your account through the end of drop/add.  To opt out click on the link within the Offices & Services>Financial Aid & Student Accounts section of WesPortal.


  • How do I get my bill? Can more than one person have access to my bill?
    An e-mail notification will be sent from to all students and their Authorized Participants whenever a new statement is generated.  The students' notification will be sent to their Wesleyan e-mail address; notifications to Authorized Participants will be sent to the e-mail address(es) set up in their online profiles.  All users are encouraged to set up the email account to accept mail from and
  • I cannot locate my password. What do I do?
    At the log in, select Reset Password Nelnet Campus Commerce (formerly TMS)  will send a temporary password to the user's email account.  Log in using the temporary password and then be sure to immediately change the password.
  • Under One-Time Payment, it lists a Payment Amount. Must I pay this amount?
    The program automatically lists the amount due for that specific term.  It may be different than the Total Amount Due listed on the Summary tab (ex. payment received in the fall term was actually for charges in the spring term). You may change it to whatever amount you would like to pay at that time by highlighting the amount showing and entering your desired payment amount.
  • How do I know if my payment went through?
    Once a payment has been submitted via Student Account Center you will receive a confirmation email.  The payment will be reflected on the account while it is in process with your bank.  It can take up to five business days for the bank to process your payment.

Financial Aid

  • Why is my financial aid not showing on my bill?
    This means either that the Financial Aid Office does not have all of the documents required to prepare your package, or that your application has recently become complete and is currently being processed.  Please review you application status via SIMON in the Offices & Services>Financial Aid & Student Accounts section of WesPortal.
  • Why isn't my work-study listed on my bill?
    Federal work-study is paid based upon the number of hours worked.  Since it is a paycheck that goes directly to the student, it cannot be deducted from the balance due.

Meal Plans and Health Insurance

  • How do I change my meal plan?
    Please see the WesCard Office website regarding changes and change deadlines for meal plans.  Additional points can be added to your plan at any time during the academic year up to the last of classes of the second semester.  These points will be billed to your student account.