Assignments Process


Housing at Wesleyan is limited* and the Office of Residential Life only provides housing to graduate students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program and their immediate family members (domestic partners/spouses and children or legal dependents).  Evidence of marriage or domestic partnership is required for married or partnered students to be considered for family housing.  Students enrolled through GLSP will only be considered for housing if there is space available.

* The Office of Residential Life reserves the right to place graduate and undergraduate students together in order to maximize use of space on campus. This will only be done when spaces are extremely limited.


All requests for housing are made by submitting an online Graduate Housing Application. Assignments are made on a yearly basis based on vacancies. Housing offers for incoming graduate students will be sent via email by June 30th. Requests for housing are processed in date receipt order and according to space availability. Students making changes in their family size or marital/union status must notify Amy Alfano or Stacey Phelps via email at or

Students currently living in graduate housing who are interested in remaining on campus for the 2013-2014 academic year must inform the Office of Residential Life in writing by April 30, 2013.  The Office of Residential Life will be sending out an email form for you to complete in March 2013.