Medical Leaves and Leave of Absence
Below is a checklist of things to do if you are taking a medical leave or a leave of absence.
1. Inform your RA/HM/CA that you are taking a leave.
2. Remove ALL of your belongings from your room and from all common areas. Do not leave any of your things behind, as Residential Life reserves the right to assign students to the space if necessary and it is not guaranteed to be available upon your return. Any belongings not taken with you will be removed and discarded at your expense. If you require storage space, please contact the Office of Residential Life to discuss the options available to you or see University storage options.
3. Leave your residence in good condition as Physical Plant will be inspecting it for damages.
4. Return your residential key(s) to the Office of Residential Life prior to leaving campus. Failure to do so may result in a lock change for which the student is held financially responsible.
5. Your housing contract is effectively terminated the day following the change to your student status. You must check-out of University housing, return your residential key, and vacate your room by this time. Failure to do so may result in the student having to pay both a fine and a room charge.
If you choose to return to Wesleyan University, please contact the Office of Residential Life to discuss the housing options available to you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.