All Housing Selection registration needs to be completed online in your eportfolio between February 5 and April 11, 2016. You will see your class rank/point value on a table in your electronic portfolio that will look just like the one you will receive on the Housing Selection emails. To participate in the Housing Selection process, you must first agree to the terms of the Housing Contract and Lead Paint Disclosure. If you are applying to live in Alpha Delta Phi or Psi Upsilon you must still agree to the terms of the Housing Contract.
The housing selection timeline can be found here.
Point values are assigned to a student based upon the number of semesters completed at Wesleyan, including the current one*. Transfer student points take into consideration credits taken prior to Wesleyan as reflected in their anticipated graduation date. Point values are as follows:
0 - 1 semester: .5 of a point
2 semesters: 1 point
3 semesters: 1.5 points
4 semesters: 2 points
5 or more semesters: 3 points
* Please see the Room Selection Nights page for detailed information.
If all apartment spaces were filled before you selected housing as a rising junior or all rooms were filled before you selected as a rising sophomore, you will receive a slight adjustment in point value. Any increase in points will be reflected on your electronic portfolio. Point adjustments must be used for the Housing Selection process the following year, unless you have been excluded from participating in that Housing Selection process because you have applied for fall study abroad.
The point values for all group members will be averaged for a group point value. All groups with the same point value are randomly ordered by a computer and assigned selection numbers that will determine the order in which they will choose rooms on Room Selection Nights.
Note: if you studied abroad, the time abroad will be counted as semester(s) at Wesleyan.
Browsing: the period before group ranks are established, when you can peruse the room selection site and available housing options.
- Bookmarking: the period after group ranks are determined, when you can "bookmark" specific places where you would like to live. You MUST bookmark a room in order to choose it during the room selection process.
- Rank Number: Number given to a student/group/team who are registered for Room Selction Nights. The number will appear on April 3, 2014 after we run ranks and designates which selection night you should attend and when you will select that night.
- Proxy: Student who is authorized to select housing for the student that cannot attend their housing selection appointment. The ResLife office may also be asked to serve as proxy.
- Waitlist: Comprised of rising sophomores who did not receiving housing during their selection night, students returning from leave and students that did not register for housing selection nights. These students will be assigned over the summer.
Key points to understand about the Housing Selection Process:
- If you will be a student at Wesleyan University in the fall of 2016, you MUST participate in the Housing Selection process.
- If you currently have off campus status, you must still participate in Housing Selection to request off campus status for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- The process is complex and entails several steps. You must pay close attention to the timeline. You are responsible for meeting all deadlines. No exceptions will be made.
- E-mail updates will be sent periodically throughout the process. Please take a moment to review them when you receive them.
For more Housing Selection information after February 5, 2016, enter your student portfolio and click on “Housing & Staff Selection” under “Residential Life”.
Housing Selection Progress Notes
Wednesday, February 3rd
Transfer Housing Information Session, Wednesday, 6-7 p.m., Usdan 110
Thursday, February 4th
First Year Focus: Program Housing/Community Based Living & Copenhagens/Clusters Selection Information Session, 5-6 p.m,. & 6-7 p.m., Usdan 108
Friday, February 5th
Housing Selection site opens at noon (12 p.m.) EST
16/17 Housing Accommodation Requests due to Disability Resources
Applications for Off-Campus, Copenhagens/Clusters, and Program Housing/Community Based Living are available in the selection site.