Reunion & Commencement and Summer Transition Housing

The period of time between May 20, 2017 and May 30, 2017 is considered a transition period to allow maintenance work to be done on the buildings being used for Summer Housing and Reunion and Commencement. We are able to offer limited housing during this transition period and only to University summer housing and Summer Session residents requiring it, as well as for students who are working for University Relations, Bon Appetit or another University office with Reunion and Commencement responsibilities. Students completing papers, projects, finals, working on research, studied abroad for the spring semester or living off-campus for the summer are not eligible for transition housing (this includes fraternity and society houses which are considered off-campus summer housing options). The only building open for University summer housing is Bennet Hall.  

Students who are staying for transition housing will be charged a daily rate of $24.00 unless their department is paying for their housing.  You may want to check with your employer to see if this is an option.

Students who only require transition housing to assist with Reunion & Commencement or are a December 2016 completion and would like housing for commencement activities, must complete the May 2017 Reunion & Commencement Housing Request Form by Friday April 28, 2017.  Please note, housing for December 2016 completions starts on Friday, May 26th, 2017. 

University summer housing and Summer Session participants that need transition housing must complete the Summer 2017 Application for University and Summer Session Housing and make the start date for their summer housing May 20th, 2017 (the start date of transition housing). The transition week does not count towards the two week minimum stay required for University summer housing. 

Transition Assignments

Students whose spring 2017 housing assignment is in 200 Church Street, Bennet Hall, Clark Hall, Hewitt or a program house without a house manager staying (unless you are a senior) who are approved for Summer Housing or Reunion and Commencement employment will need to relocate to an assigned transition room elsewhere on campus during this time as the above mentioned buildings will be immediately used by University Relations and Summer Programs.  Students in all other residences, who have been approved to remain on campus, are permitted to remain in their spring 2017 housing assignment during this transition period. Students needing to relocate will move to a transition room by 1 p.m. on May 20, 2017

If you are approved to stay and need a transition assignment, you can request to live with a student who is also approved to stay (for Reunion and Commencement or is participating in University summer housing or Summer Session) who resides in a university residence other than those listed above.  Please email the Office of Residential Life by May 17, 2017 at noon telling us with whom you would like to room.

Students who are only assisting with Reunion and Commencement will have to move out of their transition assignment by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, May 29, 2017.  University summer housing and Summer Session students will move to their new assignments when Bennet Hall is ready for summer occupancy on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 after 4 p.m. 

Fall Transition
Students who will be living on campus in the fall, and are remaining in University summer housing until University Housing opens on Saturday, September 2, 2017, will be transitioned into their fall assignment on Friday, August 18, 2017.  Please make the necessary arrangements so that you are available to move on that date. Students who will not be living on campus in the fall will not be allowed to stay in their Summer Housing Assignment past August 18, 2017

The only students who are eligible for early arrival status are those who are living on campus for the summer, students working for a University office to prepare the University for opening, or approved fall athletes.