Union Employee Leaves of Absence 

Bargaining unit members should refer to their respective contract for details regarding Connecticut Paid Leave benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and leave of absence eligibility. Bargaining unit members are also eligible for all state- and federally mandated leaves of absence, including:

Federal and CT Family and Medical Leave and CT Paid Leave 

Family Violence Leave

Military Leave through USERRA

Education and Support Materials 

Legal Notices 


Please contact benefits@wesleyan.edu with leave and disability questions. Once you’ve opened a disability claim, please contact Unum’s customer services department regarding your claim at 1-866-679-3054, Mondays through Fridays 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. EST, or at www.unum.com.