Please note the Registrar's Office will be closed at noon on Fridays from June 7th through August 2nd.


We recommend requesting enrollment verification requests electronically. We will be able to provide verification letters as PDFs via email within 3-5 business days. If you require a printed or faxed enrollment verification, the processing time may take longer than expected.

SUMMER ENROLLMENT REQUESTS: Until the upcoming semester begins and students enroll int he university for the semester, fall enrollment requests will indicate provisional enrollments only.*



Wesleyan University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification.  If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse.  National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted at:



The Registrar's Office responds to student requests for verification of enrollment and leaves of absences and handles the processing of certification of enrollment letters for undergraduates.  Graduate students in the M.A./Ph.D. and GLS programs should contact their respective offices.

*New undergraduates and returning upperclassmen officially enroll in the university each semester via WesPortal>My Information>Enrollment Checklist & Addresses. Students will also be asked to verify their personal data, which includes addresses, and emergency contacts.

Please note that the Registrar's Office cannot verify enrollment for a given semester until students have officially enrolled in the University for that semester. Therefore, certification of enrollment requests cannot be processed until they have officially enrolled for the upcoming semester.  The Academic Calendar provides the dates for each semester's first day of classes.   During peak periods, particularly at the start of the semester when we receive a high volume of requests, forms may take between 3 -5 days to be processed.

Students now have the option of printing out an official proof of enrollment through via WesPortal>My Information>Printed Enrollment Verification. PLEASE NOTE THAT CURRENT SEMESTER ENROLLMENT INFORMATION IS NOT SUBMITTED TO THE NATIONAL STUDENT CLEARINGHOUSE UNTIL THE DROP/ADD PERIOD HAS ENDED.  If you require enrollment verification during the Drop/Add period, please submit a certification of enrollment request to the Registrar's Office.

Certification of enrollment requests may be submitted electronically or, if you prefer, you can download the Certification of Enrollment Request form if other documentation needs to accompany the certification letter.  Enrollment request forms and additional documentation can be faxed to (860) 685-2601, or mailed to:

ATTN: Rosie Villard
Registrar's Office
Wesleyan University
237 High Street
Middletown, CT. 06459

*If enrollment verification is required between semesters, particularly during the summer months, the Registrar's Office can produce a provisional letter stating that the student is expected to enroll for the upcoming semester, provided that the student has been admitted to and accepted admission to Wesleyan for the upcoming year or is a continuing student in good standing. This provisional letter is typically accepted by insurance companies. The Registrar's Office will then follow-up with a letter confirming enrollment once the semester has started and the student has officially enrolled.  If you are requesting a provisional enrollment verification, please note this on the request form under special instructions. The Registrar's Office sends a list of all students who are expected to enroll in the University that semester, who have been admitted and accepted admission to Wesleyan or are continuing students in good standing, to the National Student Clearinghouse prior to each semester. This occurs on or about August 25 for the fall semester and on or about January 10 for the spring semester.

If you have been asked to provide evidence of having graduated in good standing from Wesleyan for a health professions school, please contact Mildred Rodriguez, Health Professions Advisor, about securing a Letter of Academic and Disciplinary Clearance.

If you need a dean's certification letter of good standing for Law school, please mail a stamped addressed envelope for each law school to: Wesleyan University - Office of Student Affairs - ATT: Karen Siciliano - North College - 237 High St - Middletown, CT 06459